These Terms constitute a binding agreement between you and STS Innovation, Inc. (STSI) and are deemed accepted by you each time that you use or access Jobot. If you do not accept the Terms stated here, do not use Jobot. STSI may revise these Terms at any time by posting an updated version to this Web page. Visit this page periodically to review the most current Terms because they are binding on you.
“Jobot” (https://myjobot.com) is, an Internet-based job search support website provided by STSI. Jobot is also a mobile site, mobile application, and an information provider. Messages posted on Jobot connect job applicants and employers by facilitating job searches over the Internet.
Users who violate these Terms may have their access and use of Jobot suspended or terminated, at Jobot’s discretion.
1. Use of Jobot content.
STSI authorizes you, subject to these Terms, to access and use Jobot. The contents of Jobot are protected under copyright, trademark and other laws. All content on Jobot is the property of STSI or its licensors. Unauthorized use of Jobot content may violate these laws and/or applicable communications regulations and statutes, and is strictly prohibited.
Any code that Jobot creates to generate or display any content on Jobot is also protected by STSI's copyright and you may not copy or adapt such code.
2. Use of the Jobot services.
other features of Jobot may be used only by individuals seeking employment and/or career information and by employers seeking employees.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, profile, resumes, job postings and passwords. Do not share your password or other account access information with any one. You are responsible for all uses of Jobot registrations and passwords. Immediately notify STSI of any unauthorized use of your account, profile, or passwords.
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Jobot's infrastructure;
- use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods;
- violate or attempt to violate the security of Jobot;
- reverse engineer or decompile any parts of Jobot;
- frame or link to any Jobot content unless permitted by these Terms;
- post any content or material that promotes or endorses false or misleading information, illegal activities or other activities prohibited by these Terms;
- post any resume or Profile or apply for any job on behalf of another party;
- defer any contact from an employer to any agent, agency, or other third party;
- share with a third party any login credentials to Jobot;
- access data not intended for you or logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
- post or submit to Jobot any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information that is not your own;
- post content that contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images;
- solicit passwords or personally identifiable information from other users;
- delete or alter any material posted by any other person or entity;
- harass, incite harassment or advocate harassment of any group, company, or individual;
- send unsolicited messages or email, make unsolicited phone calls or send unsolicited faxes promoting and/or advertising products or services to any user, or contact any users that have specifically requested not to be contacted by you;
- attempt to interfere with service to any user, host or network;
- use the Jobot services for any unlawful purpose or any, libelous, offensive, vulgar, obscene, threatening, abusive, hateful, racist, discriminatory, of a menacing character or likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience, embarrassment, anxiety or could cause harassment to any person; or
- post or submit any content, resume, or job posting that is defamatory pornographic, indecent or sexually explicit material of any kind, as determined by STSI’s discretion.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil and/or criminal liability. STSI will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
3. Additional Terms Applicable to Employers.
Employers are solely responsible for their postings on Jobot. STSI is not to be considered to be an employer with respect to your use of Jobot and STSI shall not be responsible for any employment decisions made by any entity posting jobs on Jobot.
If you cancel your employer account or your employer account is terminated, all your account information from STSI may be deleted from STSI's databases. information may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in propagating such deletion through STSI’s web servers.
STSI reserves the right to restrict the number of messages that an employer may send to users to a number that STSI deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
A Job posting may not contain:
- any hyperlinks, other than those specifically authorized by STSI;
- misleading, unreadable, or "hidden" keywords, repeated keywords or keywords that are irrelevant to the job opportunity being presented, as determined in STSI’s reasonable discretion;
- the names, logos or trademarks of unaffiliated companies other than those of your customers except where expressly agreed by STSI;
- the names of colleges, cities, states, towns or countries that are unrelated to the posting;
- more than one job or job description, more than one location, or more than one job category;
- inaccurate, false, or misleading information; and
- material or links to material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18.
You may not use Jobot to:
- post jobs in a manner that does not comply with applicable local, national and international laws;
- post jobs that include any screening requirement or criterion that are not actual and legal requirements of the posted job;
- post jobs or other advertisements for competitors of STSI or post jobs or other content that contains links to any site competitive with Jobot;
- sell, promote or advertise products or services;
- post any franchise, pyramid scheme, "club membership", distributorship, multi-level marketing opportunity, or sales representative agency arrangement;
- post any business opportunity that requires an up front or periodic payment or requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents;
- post any business opportunity that pays commission only unless the posting clearly states that the available job pays commission only and clearly describes the product or service that the job seeker would be selling;
- promote any opportunity that does not represent bona fide employment that is generally indicated by the employer’s use of IRS forms W-2 or 1099;
- post jobs on Jobot for modeling, acting, talent or entertainment agencies or talent scouting positions;
- advertise sexual services or seek employees for jobs of a sexual nature;
- request the use of human body parts or the donation of human parts;
- political party, political agenda, political position or issue;
- promote a particular religion;
- post jobs located in countries subject to economic sanctions of the United States Government; and
- except where allowed by applicable law, post jobs that require the applicant to provide information relating to his/her racial or ethnic origin, political beliefs, philosophical or religious beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health, sexual life, the commission of criminal offenses or proceedings or age.
4. Additional terms applicable to Job Seekers.
When you register with Jobot, you must provide STSI with certain information. The resume form requires standard fields to be completed and you may not include in these fields any telephone numbers, street addresses, email addresses or other means of contacting you. You are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any resume or material that you place on Jobot.
You have no ownership rights in your account. If you cancel your Jobot account or your Jobot account is terminated, all your account information may be deleted from STSI's databases and removed from Jobot. Information may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in propagating deletion through STSI’s web servers. Third parties may also retain saved copies of your information.
STSI reserves the right to delete your account and all of your information after a significant duration of inactivity.
If you believe that your copyrighted work or trademark has been uploaded, posted or copied to Jobot and is accessible on Jobot in a way that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement, please contact STSI by email at here or by regular mail at:
STS Innovation, Inc.
5201 Great America Pkwy Suite 320
Santa Clara, CA 95054
7. Termination for Intellectual Property Infringement.
users and content partners must protect the intellectual property of others. You agree not to use Jobot to infringe the intellectual property rights of others in any way. STSI reserves the right to terminate the accounts of, and block access to Jobot, any users who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights of others. STSI reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take these actions to limit access to Jobot and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, please contact STSI.
8. STSI's Liability.
STSI does not screen or censor user Content, including profiles. STSI is not involved in, and does not control, the actual transaction between employers and candidates. As a result, STSI is not responsible for user Content, the quality, safety or legality of the jobs or resumes posted, the truth or accuracy of the listings or profiles, the ability of employers to offer job opportunities to candidates or the ability of candidates to fill job openings and STSI makes no representations about any jobs, resumes or user Content on Jobot. While STSI reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove user Content, job postings, resumes or other material from Jobot from time to time, STSI does not assume any obligation to do so and to the extent permitted by law, disclaims any liability for failing to take any such action.
Note that there are risks in dealing with strangers, underage persons or people acting under false pretenses. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through Jobot. Other people’s information may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and may be mislabeled or deceptively labeled. Please use caution and common sense when using Jobot.
Because user authentication on the Internet is difficult, STSI cannot and does not confirm that each user is who they claim to be. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release STSI (and our agents and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential and direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Jobot content may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. STSI makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any Jobot content. The use of Jobot is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to Jobot and may be made at any time. STSI cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of Jobot. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by a user from STSI or through or from Jobot shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
STSI encourages you to keep a back-up copy of any of your user Content. To the extent permitted by law, in no event shall STSI be liable for the deletion, loss, or unauthorized modification of any user Content.
STSI does not provide or make any representation as to the quality or nature of any of the third party products or services purchased through Jobot, or any other representation, warranty or guaranty. Any such undertaking, representation, warranty or guaranty would be furnished solely by the provider of such third party products or services, under the terms agreed to by the provider.
If you believe that something on the Site violates these Terms please contact us.
If notified of any content or other materials that allegedly do not conform to these Terms, STSI may in its sole discretion investigate the allegation and determine whether to remove or request the removal of the content. STSI has no liability or responsibility to users for performance or nonperformance of such activities.
9. Disclaimer of Warranty.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, STSI DOES NOT WARRANT THAT JOBOT OR ANY JOBOT SERVICE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT JOBOT AND ITS SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF JOBOT OR JOBOT CONTENT RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA OR ANY OTHER COSTS, STSI IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. JOBOT AND JOBOT CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. STSI, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. JOBOT MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF JOBOT CONTENT, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
10. Disclaimer of Consequential Damages.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL STSI, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON JOBOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA, LOST EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE JOBOT AND JOBOT CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT STSI IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
11. Limitation of Liability.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, STSI'S MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH JOBOT OR YOUR USE OF JOBOT CONTENT WILL NOT EXCEED US$10.
12. Links to Other Sites.
Jobot contains links to third party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as STSI’s endorsement of the contents on such third party websites. STSI is not responsible for the content of linked third party websites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party websites. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless STSI, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from any Jobot content or other material you provide to Jobot, your use of any Jobot content, or your breach of these Terms. STSI shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding.
STSI makes no claims or representations that Jobot content may be lawfully viewed or accessed outside of the United States. Any software downloaded available on Jobot may not be downloaded or otherwise exported into (or to a national or resident of) any country to that the U.S. has embargoed goods or to any individual or entity on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using such software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country, individual, or entity on any such list.
These Terms are governed by the laws of the California, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under this agreement shall lie exclusively with the state or federal courts within Los Angeles, California. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. In addition, STSI’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms shall not be deemed as a waiver of such term or otherwise affect STSI’s ability to enforce such term at any point in the future. Except as expressly provided in an additional agreement, additional Terms for certain areas of Jobot, a particular "Legal Notice," or software license or material on particular pages on Jobot, these Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and STSI with respect to the use of Jobot. No changes to these Terms shall be made except by a revised posting on this page.
15. Mobile services.
If you use Jobot through a mobile device, information about your use of Jobot may be communicated to us. In addition, use of Jobot through a mobile device may cause data to be displayed on and through your mobile device. By accessing Jobot using a mobile device, you represent that to the extent you import any of your Jobot data to your mobile device that you have authority to share the transferred data with your mobile carrier or other access provider. If you change or deactivate your mobile account, promptly update your Jobot account information to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person that acquires your old number and failure to do so is your responsibility. You are responsible for all charges and necessary permissions related to accessing Jobot through your mobile access provider. Therefore, check with your provider to find out if Jobot is available and the terms for these services for your specific mobile devices.
16. Term and Termination.
These Terms will remain in full force and effect while you are a user of Jobot. STSI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies, including removal of your user Content from Jobot and immediate termination of your registration with or ability to access Jobot, upon any breach by you of these Terms or if STSI is unable to verify any information you submit to Jobot. Even after you are no longer a user of Jobot, certain provisions of these Terms will remain in effect.
BY USING THIS SITE, I REPRESENT THAT I HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS STATED ABOVE.